This is an enthusiast's guide for those who enjoy their 8L A3. Some aspects of the guide may apply to Volkswagen's Mk4 Golf and Bora as well as Audi's Mk1 TT.

My name is Raymond and I frequent a number of forums both local to Australia and global as rayray086. I've created this blog for me, as I'm a bit OCD in keeping all the info I need in one package. As of July 2011, my A3T is my daily driver and it is stock standard. I came out of an 8V Mk3 so there's plenty of power for me from the stock 1.8T. I'm mainly interested in the suspension and aesthetics side of things currently. I'm a part-time student currently and have no mechanical qualifications, just a passion in all things automobile.

I'll eventually use this as an outlet to document my build, so I'll be using the appropriate tags/labels to make them easy to find.

As I add info/articles/blogposts on, I hope you guys who make their way to my blog will find the information helpful! Don't be afraid to comment away either - I like getting feedback and knowing that people are reading this.

08 October, 2011

Airride - Random install pics (tank peep setups)

Next up are some tank peep setups

Nice and simple sans material wrap.

I think the two knobs in the middle allow the floor to lift up.  Side holes might be for the compressors to breathe?

Cool setup, but not functional with the sub smack bang in the middle.

YES!  Very close to one of my ideas.  Perhaps without the back wall.

I like the side hole to allow the compressors to breath as well as have all the fittings hidden below the floor.  Clean!

Super clean!

Bit crooked, not a good look.

Not sure about the fitting on the ends of the tank peeping up too.  Dig the strap though.

Hmm...

Elaborate but awesome.

Floor lifted.

Not much space left in this setup though.

Same car as a few pics above, but this is before the paint.

Another clean one.

I like this one, dual 3 gallons!  Would like to see the floor covered.

Snake-skin with a polished tank!

Pinstripe, tres cool.

Clean.


Links:
"Air management pic thread" of VWVortex
"Show me your trunk" thread of VWVortex
"Air ride boot installs thread" of Edition38
AirSociety forums

No comments:

Post a Comment