This is an enthusiast's guide for those who enjoy their 8L A3. Some aspects of the guide may apply to Volkswagen's Mk4 Golf and Bora as well as Audi's Mk1 TT.

My name is Raymond and I frequent a number of forums both local to Australia and global as rayray086. I've created this blog for me, as I'm a bit OCD in keeping all the info I need in one package. As of July 2011, my A3T is my daily driver and it is stock standard. I came out of an 8V Mk3 so there's plenty of power for me from the stock 1.8T. I'm mainly interested in the suspension and aesthetics side of things currently. I'm a part-time student currently and have no mechanical qualifications, just a passion in all things automobile.

I'll eventually use this as an outlet to document my build, so I'll be using the appropriate tags/labels to make them easy to find.

As I add info/articles/blogposts on, I hope you guys who make their way to my blog will find the information helpful! Don't be afraid to comment away either - I like getting feedback and knowing that people are reading this.

01 August, 2011

001 - Debadging

So with the progress blogs on my car, I'll be numbering them in the title to make it easier to navigate and pinpoint what has been done and at what stage.

Obligatory stock standard pics, including a silly faux-Hipstamatic one!





So the very first mod I did on the A3 was a good ole debadging.  I followed the same procedure as when I did my Mk3 and besides the glue on the A3 being more stubborn, I managed to get it all done without a problem.  The silver's great at hiding imperfections so the hatch looks pretty darn good now without the badges.

Before:



After:



Smoother than a baby's bottom:



I also bought a bonnet bra from this eBay joint based in Germany.  The inside seems to be lined in some synthetic wool material and the outside doesn't seem to be leather - felt more like vinyl leather than anything else, although I paid decent money for it.  Oh well, it'll do the job.



Please excuse the abundance of Hipstamatic pics. I've been having DSLR withdrawals and any portable digital camera just doesn't cut it anymore.

I also just ordered in a cheapo H1 6000k HID kit. I know it's a no-no in terms of buying cheap quality HID kits but I just wanted to give it a go, since this is the first car I've owned that uses projector headlights. I'll be posting up a separate blog post about HIDs down the track - I was researching a bit on what to get, and long-story-short, you either shell out decent money for a proper kit or pay a bit more than a pair of decent Philips globes to get a cheap HID kit that achieves the same "effect".

No comments:

Post a Comment